The Tri-Cities Area Habitat for Humanity is so much more than building homes!
Based in Grand Haven, they are also able to service the southern Muskegon areas of Norton Shores, Roosevelt Park, and Fruitport. With the support from donors and volunteers, they continue to help those with priority home repair needs and can provide families in our communities with the opportunity to have a safe, affordable place to call home.
Below are some of the programs TCAHFH offers and where donor dollars go to help with these initiatives.
- PRIORITY HOME REPAIR – Our program allows eligible homeowners to access dollars to make repairs to their property that are essential to health and safety.
- VETERAN’S BUILD AFFILIATE – This national initiative provides housing solutions and volunteer and employment opportunities to US Veterans, military service members and their immediate families. Veterans in Ottawa and Muskegon County may be eligible to receive repair dollars that will improve their basic housing, as well as assistance in accessing other resources.
- HOME CONSTRUCTION – Donor dollars, alongside volunteer labor, help us with the purchase of land, materials, supplies and labor of new home construction or rehab for our partner families’ homes. Each family commits to 200-400 hours of sweat equity.
- A BRUSH WITH KINDNESS – A subset of our construction duties would be the ABWK program. This is a program that concentrates on “repairing” the outside of homes that are already owned by the homeowner but can’t be maintained due to financial difficulties. Many of the individuals using this program are seniors.
- ReSTORE – A place to recycle building materials to keep them from the landfill and allow customers to make home improvements at affordable prices.
- CARS FOR HOMES – Your used car (or truck/boat/van) can help build a new home for a family in need. We’ll arrange everything and even pick it up for you! (Tax deductible as allowed by law.)
- AGING IN PLACE – This national initiative provides home repairs to keep low-income seniors safe in their homes. It may include modification to the interior to accommodate a wheelchair, etc.
If you are planning a home improvement project, or if you have items in your garage or basement that you would like to get rid of, donate or shop at the Tri-Cities Area Habitat ReStore!
Location: 408 N. Ferry St in Grand Haven
Hours: Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Phone Number: 616-846-1505
Look for their new ReStore opening in Norton Shores later this fall!
Tri-Cities Area Habitat for Humanity is always looking for volunteers! Whether it is a group project or maybe just a couple of volunteers needed at a time, they have opportunities available and appreciate your time. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.