The summer market is still going strong in West Michigan! And it’s a great time to sell your home.
You goal – and your Realtor’s goal – will be to get you the best sales price possible. Here are a few small projects you can do to make sure that happens.
Focus on the Exterior
- Start with power washing. Wash your siding, sidewalks, decks and any other outdoor structures to make them look good as new.
- Clean out your garage and de-clutter your yard.
- A new front door, or a new coat of paint on your current door, will give your home a much-needed face lift.
- Wash your windows – inside and out – so people can appreciate the view.
- Keep the lawn mowed and spruce up your landscape. There’s no need to spend hundreds of dollars and completely redo the space, but pulling weeds and trimming trees can go a long way. If your local greenhouse is open, purchase a hanging basket or two to add color to your front porch.
- Don’t forget the little things. Make sure all of your exterior lights are in working order, make sure your house number is visible and purchase a new welcome mat to impress potential buyers.
Make Sure the Interior Feels like “Home”
- Organize and de-clutter so buyers see how much space is available inside your home.
- Make sure every inch of your home is clean so buyers have an easier time imaging their new life in your existing space.
- If the budget allows, fresh paint and new carpet can help your home sell faster and for more money.
- Decorate – or remove decorations – so every room has a clear purpose that will appear to a majority of buyers.
- Make sure you fix anything that’s broken. Buyers will use imperfections as an excuse to write you a lower offer.
- Before your scheduled open house, make sure the trash is taken out, kitchen counters are clear, all lights are working and dirty laundry is hidden.
The little things can go a long way!
If you’re working with a Realtor, don’t hesitate to lean on them for advice. They will help you identify the must-fix items before buyers step foot in the door.
We wish you luck selling your home!